June 18, 2009

Love my yard!

One thing Steve and I decided when we built this house was that our yard was going to be as simple as possible. All the flower beds have stone so it never has to be replaced. Re mulching every year drove us crazy. The shrubs and flowers are all small and easy to maintain. Sometimes I see these beautiful garden yards and think how lovely it would be to have a yard like that, but then I think of all the work that goes into it, "No thanks!" I love that we spend our summers playing with the kids rather than spending time in the yard working. And of course, because Kelly is such a little flower lover, every year we buy flowers for her to plant in all her little pots, so she has those to care for during the summer months. I wanted to take pictures of some of her flowers this year. She picked some great ones. Some of them aren't in full bloom, so I'll have to add some pictures later in the summer. She's so proud of them.


Front Yard

Back yard looking N.E.


Back yard looking North


Back yard looking South


S.W. corner of our yard where we store the kids fort! :)


Some of Kelly's flowers





2 comments:

heather said...

...and I love your yard too!!!

that's why we're copying the fact that it's maintenance free!!!!
(one of the reasons we changed from pavers to stamped cement because of the maintenance that goes with having a paver patio.)

Thanks for sharing these pics Jess!!

Anonymous said...

Look at that luxurious grass! So beautiful. And I agree with you that simple is the way to go. It's easy to see what your priorities are!