August 13, 2008

What a morning!

Yesterday I got a new haircut. It's very different than what I had before. I even got highlights! I think I like it. So, I was getting ready to fix my hair and was kind of excited to see how easy or not easy it was to get it to look like Jenny had it yesterday. We all know it never looks as good as the day you get it cut. Keith came into the bathroom and said he had something to show me in his bedroom. I asked what and he said he just had to show me. Keith struggles a bit with putting his thoughts into words. (Could just be a male thing) So I said I'm not going downstairs until you tell me what I'm going to see. (I was not expecting it to be what he said.) He said when he walks near his closet he sinks and it feels wet. Oh great! I head downstairs sure enough our two year old washing machine is leaking out the bottom! It's a mess! Luckily we have a carpet cleaner so I got that out and started sucking up the water. Then started to think what if it's still leaking then I'm fighting a never ending wet battle, so I called Steve, found out how to turn off the water and ran the machine on spin to make sure all the water is out. At this point I've pulled up part of the carpet and the pad is soaking. Steve may have to pull up more when he gets home. WHAT A PAIN. Why can't they make appliances like they used to? I've had a couple fridges go out in our apartments lately and they were 20 years old. I don't think the new ones we've bought will last as long. I guess I can look on the plus side. I've been wanting a front loader. :)

2 comments:

KT said...

Oh shoot - ick. What a pain.....

heather said...

and where's a picture of this fabulous new 'do????