August 22, 2011

Not to old

I love that my 14, soon to be 15 year old, son still wants his Dad and I to tuck him in each night.  His bedroom is down in the basement and some nights we get distracted after he's headed off to bed and forget to go down to say goodnight.

Tonight I got a text after he'd disappeared downstairs for awhile that said, "Are you guys coming down?"  I headed downstairs, kissed him on the top of the head and said, "Night Bud, see you in the morning, I love you." Just like I always do, and he said "Night.  Is Dad coming down?"  I said, "I'm sure he will."  He said "Tell him to ok?"  I said "Ok I will."  I closed the door and smiled because even though he's growing up so fast and sometimes it feels like he's pulling away, he still wants his good night kiss from his Mom and Dad.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Love this Jess. It brought tears to my eyes (happy ones). -Anna