November 29, 2008

Day after Thanksgiving

Usually, I try very hard to just stay home on the busiest shopping day of the year. No sale is worth the crowds you encounter in my opinion. I know a lot of you love it, but my patience with people rushing around to get the very best deal possible wears thin. But, this year with my sis being in town, we headed out in the afternoon, and evening and met up with Mom, Dad, Kristin and Theresa downtown. It was not as busy as we thought it would be. And we really had a great time. Keith was at a friends birthday party so we only had Kelly and she got to do some shopping with all of us catering to her every need. :) Mom planned on getting her a new winter jacket, so we headed to Nordstroms and got to shopping. She wound up with new jacket, new dress with adorable shoes to match and a new pair of Keen winter boots. (Very cool!) I wish I had pictures of all that, but they were all on Mom's camera. Kelly at one point got very shy and would barley speak and I asked her later why she did that and she said, "I'm not used to having Grandpa and Daddy shopping with me." The funny thing about that is she was just trying on shoes at the time. :) Crazy kid. When we were done shopping, we went to a movie (Madagascar 2), then went our separate ways. It was fun, and I'm glad I headed out. Here are a couple of pictures from the evening. Downtown is always so beautiful and festive at this time of year. I love it!



No comments: