November 29, 2008

Did it!

I did it! I made my goal. I started in Feb. 2008 and have made my goal on Dec. 8th 2008. I've lost 49 pounds! Here are some before pictures. These pictures show how far I've come. :)












And now for a current picture! :)

It was a little tricky getting Keith to take a good picture of me, this was as close as we could get! I just want to thank EVERYONE for being so supportive. I could not have been as successful without your help and encouragment. I know that sounds cheesy, but it's true. I had people calculating my points before having us over for dinner. People calling on Monday's to check in to see how I'd done through the week. (I hated the few times I had to say I'd gained!) People made sure wherever we were eating, it had something that would be easy for me to figure my points. No one ever invited us to a buffet. Thank you very much. And others told me I inspired them to loose weight too. This meant a lot to me. So even though I know it sounds chessy, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I've been asked if I'm going to lose even more weight, and so far I'm pretty happy with where I'm at. But, I think I will lose a few more pounds just so I can easily stay under my goal weight so that I don't have to start paying for weight watchers again! I've gone from a size 18 to a size 8. You have no idea how wonderful I feel. I'm so happy to have made this lifestyle change, and to not have to sneek off with peoples cameras to delete photo's of myself. I can stand tall again. :)

12 comments:

justjuli said...

Great Job Jessy!

What an accomplishment. My hat is off to you. I lost my weight while breastfeeding so I got more points per day than normal and I'm nervous about gaining when I stop. BUT you've done it the hard way and I am seriously proud of you.

I am one of those you count myself blessed to have been inspired by you.

Thank you and enjoy the new you!!

Anonymous said...

oh aunt jess thats wonderful! you look great! im really proud of you! =] Jordan

Anonymous said...

Jessie, congratulations, we are so proud of you. You look beautiful...you are beautiful, inside and out! Love, Your Grandma & Grandpa

Anonymous said...

congratulations Jesse!! What a wonderful gift to yourself! I am proud of you for taking energy for you and sticking to the program....Is it helping your ankle?

love,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Dear Jessica,

Congratulations on reaching your goal. That is totally awesome. I bet you feel great. How is your ankle treating you these days?

aMy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jessy! You are an amazing self-determined women. Not many people can accomplish what you have accomplished and that isn't just paying you lip service. You are in control of your life (with God's guiding) and your accomplishment and example impacts all who love you.
That includes me.
Mom
X

Anonymous said...

Awesome job!!! I am so proud and happy for you!!!! Tara K.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica! I couldn’t follow your link for some reason? But GOOD JOB! I am so proud of you! What an accomplishment! If you can send me the address to your blog, I would love to check it out! TTYS!
Jenny

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica,

You look so great and we are so proud of you! Your dedication and commitment are admirable. You are a great friend and sister- in-law and you deserve all the joys that life has to offer!

Brenda, Jeff and Emma

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jess! That kind of dedication is tough. I think you look awesome!
-Beth

reesepratt said...

Wow, Jessy! Congrats. That takes so much determination and focus. You look fantastic! Way to go.

Charisse

Melissa said...

Way to go, Jessica! I'm so proud of you! You look fantastic.

I've been doing WW as well to lose the baby weight, and it's worked the best for me out of anything I've ever tried. I think it's my competitive nature that enjoys counting the points and challenging myself. ;)

Merry Christmas!