January 8, 2013

A Week Of My Favorite Things #4

Amazon Kindle!

I love this little devise!  I love to read and this saves me from having to go to the library or buy books.  I've downloaded 458 books and most of them have been free off Amazon.  They have a great selection of free books, and I keep a wish list of my favorites I'd like to have and check often to see if they're on sale or free.

I have the basic keyboard kindle.  Unfortunately, I left it in my bed one night under the covers and when I went to get back into bed, my knee came down on the screen and turned half of the screen black!  I was so upset.  Amazon said there was no way to fix it and it no longer was covered under warranty.  Lucky for me, my Dad had gotten my Mom one for Christmas one year and she had never used it, so she just gave it to me.  I have such a sweet Mom.

I've been eyeing the new paperwhite.  It still has the great screen that looks like the book, you can still read it in the sunlight, but it has a built in light which would be great on nights I can't sleep but don't want to wake Steve up while reading in bed.  One day I may upgrade.  We'll see.

Probably the only thing I don't like about it is the pictures when it's in sleep mode.  One is of a half naked man and I always turn it back on and then off again when that one comes on.  You can't change them or put your own on there.  I think that's my only complaint.

If you're thinking of getting a Kindle or the Nook, I will say I have the Nook on my iPad and look once in a while at their store and I am much more impressed with Amazon's book selection than Barnes and Noble.  But I know people who have the Nook and really like that one too.

No comments: